Periodic Driver CPC: Exemptions
Exemptions that apply to the whole of the Driver CPC legislation include:
Driving with vehicles:
- being road tested after repair, maintenance or technical development.
- new or rebuilt and not yet been put into service.
- limited to a top speed of 28mph.
- used for non-commercial carriage of passengers or goods for personal use.
- used to carry material or equipment you use for your job – but driving the vehicle can’t be the main part of your job.
- used for driving lessons for anyone who wants to get a driving licence or Driver CPC.
- used by, or is under the control of, the armed forces, civil defence, the fire service and forces responsible for maintaining public order.
- used in states of emergency or for rescue missions.
- driven to or from pre-booked appointments at official testing centres.
- driving within 50km of your base, it not carrying passengers or goods, and driving the lorry, bus or coach is not your main job.
Further reading on Periodic Driver CPC: Exemptions can be found at the GOV.UK website.