When sending hazardous materials by road and other means, the consignor must ensure that all goods
conform to the requirements of ADR.
- Ascertaining that the dangerous goods are classified and authorised for carriage.
- Furnishing the carrier with appropriate information and transport documents.
- Using only approved packaging and containers which include markings wher e necessary.
Who requires a Consignor course?
The course is designed for staff responsible for arranging the movement of dangerous goods.
The course will explain and clarify:
- Whether a material is hazardous and explain how to check what type
- Transport documents that are required by the carrier and how to fill them out
- Information that is required on all documents and packaging
- When to use different types of packaging and container and how to ensure it is
correct for the type of material.
Course Code: SIG007
To find out when our Consignor courses are running, please see Course Dates
For more information or if you have any queries, please do not hesitate to Contact Us by calling 01375 887 270